Just a stone throw from the Sorrento Peninsula’s crystal-clear sea, Villa Capriccio is a real gem. Completely renovated in 2020 and furnished in modern style, it is a real feast for the senses. With its 300mq, this villa is an exclusive accommodation, perfect for your dream holiday. The accommodation is elegant and comfortable for large families or groups of friends who want to spend time together in total relaxation surrounded by the incredible backdrop of the Bay of Naples. Perfect for those who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of life and enjoy peace and relaxation with a superb view.
The villa is located in the beautiful and unspoilt Massa Lubrense, an area rich in culture, history and natural landscapes that will take your breath away. It is also a convenient base from which to explore the Sorrento Peninsula, with Sorrento itself being easily accessible by car or public transport. It is also not far from other local highlights, including the archaeological sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum, the famous Volcano Mt.Vesuvio, the enchanting Amalfi coast, which is home to Positano and Amalfi, as well as the Island of Capri.
The Villa, which sleeps up to 13 people, has two private entrances and includes accommodation across three levels, as well as a roof top terrace. This detached villa is surrounded by a number of terraces which are fully equipped to enable you to enjoy delicious outdoor meals and a swimming pool (open from May to October) to take full advantage of the beautiful sunny days typical of the south of Italy. All terraces are connected to each other and offer a great panoramic view over the Bay of Naples and its islands of Capri, Ischia and Procida (Italian Capital of Culture 2022).
Villa Capriccio has six bedrooms; 3 doubles, 1 twin, 1 triple (which on request could sleep four) and 1 single room (which could also be a double if necessary). There are four bathrooms, one with a bath and three with showers.
More about the villa:
GROUND FLOOR: On the ground floor you will find the main entrance to the villa. This leads into a spacious hallway, complete with benches and it is also where you will find the door to the villa’s wine cellar, where you may purchase a selection of handpicked Italian wines on site. On this floor you will also find a double bedroom with shower en-suite bathroom. A flight of 13 steps takes you to the first floor.
FIRST FLOOR: On the first floor there are three bedrooms and two bathrooms; one triple bedroom with shower en-suite bathroom and access directly onto one of the terraces, and one double bedroom (small double bed) interconnected to a twin room with shower en-suite bathroom and access to the first floor terrace. A flight of 18 steps takes you to the second floor.
SECOND FLOOR: On the second floor there’s one double bedroom with access to the terrace, a single bedroom that, if necessary, can become a double bedroom and one bathroom. On the same floor there is also a fully equipped kitchen and a dining/living area, both with access to the terrace. This is the ideal space in which to relax and enjoy one another’s company. Villa Capriccio is also the perfect place to holiday in Italy not only during the summer, but also during the winter months thanks to our mild Mediterranean climate and when the resort is less crowded. Why not enjoy the incredible view of the bay all to yourself? An out of season holiday offers you the possibility to stand on empty beaches and enjoy the sound of the crashing waves in total tranquillity. The Villa has full use of a traditional log fireplace where you can spend cosy evenings together enjoying a great bottle of Italian red wine.
From the terrace, just a few more steps will bring you to the most spectacular part of the villa; its panoramic rooftop solarium.
THIRD FLOOR: Rooftop Solarium, the highlight of this beautiful costal villa. A place where to admire the stunning view of Bay of Naples. The terrace is supplied with tables and chairs to enjoy an aperitif and sunbeds to top up your tan. The terrace is adorned with several Mediterranean palm plants.
The sea is only a few minutes away; San Montano’s pebble beach is accessible by a short walk of 200mt and a flight of 60 steps, and here is where you will find Villa Capriccio “darsena” (open from May to October). Darsena is a splendid stone building set on the gorgeous sea of the Sorrento coast, equipped with wc, electricity, beach inflatables, 5 sunbeds, a table, 6 chairs to use while spending a relaxing day by the sea and a shower (not warm water) where you can wash the salt away after a relaxing swim in the crystal clear sea. There’s no need to look for public beach facilities, or even rent as they are all supplied. It’s a perfect way to spend your day by the beach. An exclusive offer for clients staying at Villa Capriccio and also is a very rare opportunity.
From San Montano beach, you can also take a nice 5-minute walk along the sea, known to the locals as “Miglio Blu” (the blue mile), to one of the highlights of Massa Lubrense, the quaint fishing village and port of “Marina della Lobra”. From here you can find buses to take you to the centre of Massa Lubrense and Sorrento, as well as boats that sail directly to the exclusive island of Capri and along the Amalfi Coast.
The villa has free parking for two medium-sized car and there is a third space available to rent for a larger car for a fee upon request, just opposite the villa. It is not possible to accommodate a mini-bus on site due to the narrowness of the road approaching the villa, however there is free parking about 1 kilometre away and a transfer from the parking to the Villa on arrival and departure day will be arranged by ourselves with a local taxi company. If you decide not to drive, public transport is widely available and accessible from the villa. A 750m walk up the cobbled streets from this coastal villa will bring you to the public bus stop and main road between Massa Lubrense and Sorrento, with two types of buses; one running from Massa Lubrense to Meta and includes several stops passing through characteristic towns along the Sorrento Peninsula every 20 to 30 minutes depending on the time of year. If you don’t like the idea of jumping on public buses, you can hire our trusted driver who will drive you around and make sure you will have a great time!
- Air Conditioning / Heating (included in the price)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking for 2 medium-sized cars at the villa
- Free weekly linen change
- Darsena | a splendid stone building set on the sea equipped with wc, shower, electricity and beach accessories (open from May to October).
- Above-ground Swimming pool (open from May to October)
Giving our guests an incredible and stress-free experience is very important to us, which is why, at an additional cost, “Dreaming of Italy” offers the following services:
- Cot and a high chair for babies
- Transfers by car, minivan or minibus from any of the following destinations:
- Rome station
- Rome airport
- Naples station
- Naples airport
- Boat excursions: private boat daily tour, small group boat tours or large group boat tours to Capri, Amalfi Coast and Sorrento Coast.
- Guided tours of the archaeological and naturalistic sites of Campania Region with professional and knowledgeable guides.
- Excursions by car, minivan or minibus to Pompeii, Herculaneum, Mt. Vesuvius, Napoli, Amalfi Coast, Salerno, Paestum etc…
- Shopping Delivery Service. This can be arranged prior to your arrival or during your stay.
- On-site catering. Enjoy lunch, dinner, brunch or an elegant Italian style aperitif, complete with your own sea view. Catering provided by an Italian chef, who can give you a taste of real Italian food from the comfort of your own villa.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- The €800 safety deposit will be returned to you after satisfactory checks have been made. If any damage or breakages are found, the cost of these will be deducted from your deposit and the owner reserves the right to evaluate the cost of breakages.
- The tourist tax (to be paid in cash on arrival) is equal to €2.00 per person per night for the first five nights.
- Final cleaning costs of €250 has to be paid on departure day.
- On departure day the villa must be left in the same condition as you found it (i.e. all dishes to be washed and put away, no rubbish left in the villa). If you fail to respect this rule and the villa is left excessively dirty or untidy, you will be asked to pay an additional cleaning fee of €150.
- Waste must be recycled properly and taken outside the main door on the correct days of collection. Failure to comply with this rule will result in an extra fee of €250. The information sheet is provided in the villa.
- Use of the villa and its services is exclusively reserved for the guests staying at “Villa Capriccio” . Additional guests and use of unapproved suppliers is not permitted.
- Check in is from 16.00 and the villa needs to be vacated by 10.00.
- Loud noise and music outdoors are not permitted from 11 pm until 9 am. During the day loud music could bother the neighbours, so please make sure you never play loud music.
- All the floors of the villa are connected by steps, for this reason Villa Capriccio is not accessible to guests with mobile disabilities.